Уважаемые посетители! Форум CQHAM.RU существует исключительно за счет показа рекламы. Мы будем благодарны, если Вы не будете блокировать рекламу на нашем Форуме. Просим внести cqham.ru в список исключений для Вашего блокировщика рекламы.
Страница 376 из 626 ПерваяПервая ... 276326366373374375376377378379386426476 ... ПоследняяПоследняя
Показано с 3,751 по 3,760 из 6256

Тема: FLEX 6000

Записей в дневнике
    Цитата Сообщение от UA8U Посмотреть сообщение
    Какая то странная ситуация наблюдается в отношении стоимости новых моделей FLEX
    Ни чего странного, чисто бизнес, посмотрели Флексы какой ажиотаж получается, не подумали они - продешевили , сейчас какую нибудь бесполезную фишку внедрят за одно и цену поднимут.
    Донецк Александр

Записей в дневнике
    Позывной
    R2AGG
    в отношении стоимости новых моделей FLEX
    Это называется "ноликом ошиблись".

Позывной
    UA8U (ex RZ9UI, RA9UGR)
    Цитата Сообщение от Llll Посмотреть сообщение
    посмотрели Флексы какой ажиотаж получается, не подумали они - продешевили
    Да, примерно так и есть. Изначально цены были на официальном сайте, затем исчезли и было заявлено типа "см. цены у официальных дилеров", и они были у дилеров (Радиоэксперт, г. Санкт-Петербург). И вдруг исчезли .....

Записей в дневнике
    Позывной
    R2AGG
    Видимо устал от большого количества вопросов, FlexRadio решил выпустить бюллетень с ответами на часто задаваемые вопросы.
    Смотрим ответы под катом.

Скрытый текст

FlexRadio Systems, v1.1 May 24, 2017

FLEX-6400/6400M/6600/6600M

When do you expect to deliver the new models?

We are targeting delivery of the FLEX-6400M and FLEX-6600M in the August/September time frame
    and the FLEX-6400 and FLEX-6600 in the October/November time frame.

What is the difference between the models with and without the “M” suffix?
    The M suffix means that the radio incorporates an integrated front panel control surface and 8-inch 1920
    x 1200 IPS touch screen display. They also include an external HDMI compatible display connector to
    drive a 1920 x 1200 resolution monitor or HDTV. Models without the M designation require an external
    client control surface such as a Maestro, PC, Mac, iPhone, or iPad for control.

Is a PC needed to operate the FLEX-6400M or FLEX-6600M?
    No. Both models can operate standalone without the need for a PC. Like all other FLEX-6000 Series
    radios have the capability of operating from external SmartSDR client devices such as PC/laptop,
    Maestro, iPhone or iPad.

Do I need a PC to operate the FLEX-6400 or FLEX-6600?
    Both of these models are radio servers without attached control panels so they require an external client
    device for control such as a Maestro, PC, laptop, Mac, or iOS device.
    Does Maestro eliminate the requirement of a PC to operate?
    Yes, Maestro can operate any FLEX-6000 Series transceiver without the need for a PC or other control
    client. Maestro can even be used with the FLEX-6400M and FLEX-6600M for remote operation or other
    operating locations around the house.

Is Internet required to operate the radio?
    No. Internet is not required for any FlexRadio transceiver other than to download new software or operate
    remote away from the home station.
    What version of SmartSDR comes with the FLEX-6400/FLEX-6600?
    All new models will ship with SmartSDR Version 2 software.

If I purchase a FLEX-6400/FLEX-6400M or FLEX-6600/FLEX-6600M and it comes with 2.x, can I

use that software on my existing FLEX-6300/6500/6700 if I’m a multi-radio owner?
    No. SmartSDR is licensed to the specific radio hardware and is not transferable to another radio. This
    also means that if you sell your radio, the license and all associated updates for the respective major
    release (e.g. 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, etc.) transfer with the radio.

Do I have to pay an annual subscription fee?
    No. You can choose to pay for major version upgrades such as 3.x, 4.x, etc. There is no requirement to
    upgrade and the radio will continue to operate. You can choose to skip versions as well. The choice to
    upgrade or not is yours.

How do I operate digital modes with the FLEX-6400M and FLEX-6600M?
    You can continue to use your favorite digital mode software on your PC just as you do today but without
    the need for a sound card or cables. Simply load SmartSDR™ software on the PC running your digital
    software and connect through FlexRadio’s Digital Audio Exchange (DAX) and SmartSDR CAT
    eliminating the problems with wiring complexity and RF/audio ground loops.
    How do I connect my logging software with the FLEX-6400M and FLEX-6600M?
    Virtually any PC logging program can be used by connecting through SmartSDR CAT running on the
    logging PC.

Why did you end production of the FLEX-6300 and FLEX-6500?
    We have been able to achieve price/performance improvements in the design of the FLEX-6400/6600
    models that have better economies of scale than possible with the earlier designs. We expect the demand
    for the FLEX-6300 and FLEX-6500 to be reduced by the new models due to the new lower price points
    making them no longer cost effective to manufacture. Keep in mind, if you are an existing owner of a
    FLEX-6300 or FLEX-6500 your radio is still part of the FLEX-6000 line and will be fully supported
    through ongoing SmartSDR software releases as SmartSDR truly is the radio.

Is my existing FLEX-6000 Signature Series radio now obsolete?
    No. SmartSDR is the radio. You have the option to upgrade any FLEX-6000 Series radio as new
    SmartSDR releases are made available. The new models are designed around the same scalable radio
    server software architecture and thus can leverage ongoing enhancements across the entire product
    family.

Will you continue to sell the FLEX-6700?
    Yes. The FLEX-6700 continues as the flagship model within the FLEX-6000 Signature Series. It offers
    world class performance, dual SCUs, single radio SO2R, up to eight receivers/panadapters, and 2m IF
    capabilities.
    Will you continue to support and service the FLEX-6300 and FLEX-6500?
    Yes, just as we continue to for our earlier models.
    Will you continue to offer software upgrades for the FLEX-6300 and FLEX-6500?
    Yes. All of the radios in the FLEX-6000 family run the same SmartSDR software (in the radio and in the
    client) that will continue to be enhanced.

Can I use my existing amplifier?
    Yes. It can be controlled using USB to serial port or USB to BCD from the back of the radio. You can
    also use the FlexRadio PowerGenius XL with only an Ethernet connection required for all control and
    monitoring of amplifier functions.

Will you allow Trade Up of FLEX-6300 and FLEX-6500 to the new models?
    Yes, in the US. Contact sales@flexradio.com for more information.
    *For international customers, contact your distributor. Availability may vary.

Can I trade in other equipment toward the new models?
    *International availability may vary by distributor as to whether they have trade in programs for other
    manufacturer’s equipment.

Does FlexRadio still plan to offer the FLEX-FDC for SO2R support?
    FlexRadio showed a prototype device that would allow a FLEX-6300 or FLEX-6500 to operate SO2R
    equivalent in one radio. After extensive evaluation we believe that the FLEX-6600/6600M offers a more
    cost effective and higher performance solution for cross band SO2R operation in one radio than the
    FLEX-FDC.

Can I use the new models on MARS and SHARES frequencies?
    With proof of a valid license for operation on the MARS and SHARES services, we offer a hardware
    upgrade option for $399.00 U.S. that provides extended transmitter low pass filters to provide harmonic
    suppression. We require proof of appropriate license for this option. As with all FLEX-6000s radios, a
    radio specific TURF file will be required to enable out of ham band transmit.

Can I rack mount the new models?
    We expect to have rack mount options available but we do not currently have price or delivery
    information.

What options are available?
    The FLEX-6400/6400M has an optional ATU. All new models (FLEX-6400/6400M and FLEX-
    6600/6600M) have the option of the internal GPSDO and the MARS/SHARES transmit filter expansion
    board.

What kind of adapter will I need to hookup a microphone to my new FLEX-
    6400/6400M/6600/6600M?
    The radio uses a 3.5mm TRS plug for the microphone. We will have optional adapters available when we
    deliver the radio (no current pricing available).

Will a microphone be included with the radio?
    No. You can use your current dynamic or condenser microphone with the appropriate adapter. The
    connection is a 3.5mm (⅛-inch) TRS jack. It can be used in either pseudo-balanced or unbalanced
    modes.

Why was the Maestro delayed and have the problems been resolved?
    Unfortunately after a highly successful first production run, a major subsystem supplier changed a key
    communications specification that required a redesign of our control board. After completing the design
    changes to meet the new specification we found that the supplier did not meet their own published
    specifications. Through a lengthy process we demonstrated to the supplier that their device was at fault
    and gained commitment for corrective action. On May 15, 2017 we received final commitment from the
    supplier to provide corrected firmware that will allow us to release to production.

When can I expect Maestro delivery?
    We are currently completing final testing on the revisions and are targeting August 2017 for resuming
    shipments.

Will my Maestro work with the newly announced FLEX-6400/6400M or FLEX-6600/6600M
    radios?
    Yes, just as with all other FLEX-6000 Series radios.

Can I trade my Maestro towards a new radio?
    *International availability may vary by distributor as to whether they have trade in programs.
    SmartSDR v2.x

When will v2.0 be released?
    The target release date is before the end of June.

What is in the initial release of v2.0?

The initial release premiers the new SmartLink integrated remote capability for all FLEX-6000 Series
    radios. You can use your PC/laptop, Maestro, iPhone or iPad to connect remotely over the Internet
    without the need for a VPN or other hardware. The initial release will also include a new pop out
    windows feature on SmartSDR for Windows.

What capabilities will follow? Is there a v2.x roadmap?
    While FlexRadio maintains an internal roadmap for v2.x, we do not plan to publish specifics since
    priorities are subject to change at any time. We expect to offer multiple releases in the v2.x Series. Our
    plan is to include a number of new features that have broad applicability across the amateur community.

If I just bought a radio, do I have to pay for v2.x?
    All FLEX-6000 series radios purchased on or after May 18th, 2017 include a license for v2.x. This
    includes the Certified Pre-Owned purchased from FlexRadio Systems too.

Why is there a charge for v2.x?
    Software development is a very expensive process. Charging for new major releases allows FlexRadio to
    subsidize ongoing software development that benefits all FLEX-6000 Series owners by increasing the
    capabilities of their radio over time. Since the upgrade is optional, it provides incentives for FlexRadio to
    develop features that a broad set of customers will appreciate.
    If you own an original Limited Edition version of the FLEX-6500 and FLEX-6700 you will receive a free
    upgrade to v2.x. The Limited Edition designation is shown under the front panel model number and will
    have the signatures of the design team on the bottom of the radio.

Is there an annual software subscription fee?
    No. Our software fee is tied to major releases (ex. SmartSDR v2.x, v3.x, v4.x, etc) rather than an annual
    subscription. All minor point releases within the major release come free of charge. For example, if you
    purchased v3.0, you would get v3.1, v3.2, etc included for no additional charge.

Do I have to upgrade?
    No. This is your option. It is our job to make the features in our upgrades so compelling that you can’t
    live without them.

Will my radio continue to work if I don’t upgrade?
    Yes, just as it does today.

If I don’t upgrade will I continue to get bug fixes to 1.x?
    We will release SmartSDR Version 1.x maintenance releases to address specific bugs fixes and band
    allocation changes as determined appropriate.

Where does the SmartSDR license get installed?
    When you run the SmartSDR 2.x client software, such as SmartSDR for Windows on your PC or
    SmartSDR for Maestro, it will check the FLEX-6000 to verify it has a valid 2.x license installed. If not,
    then you need to upgrade your FLEX-6000 before you can use it with the SmartSDR v2.x client software.
    After the new license is installed on the FLEX-6000, you will be able to use the new major version of
    SmartSDR with your radio.

If I have more than one FLEX-6000 series radio do I need to buy multiple licenses for 2.x? Is there
    a discount for multiple copies?
    Yes. SmartSDR is licensed to a specific radio serial number and is not transferable. There is no discount
    for multiple radios.

What devices support SmartLink on v2.0?
    Initial support will be on SmartSDR for Windows, SmartSDR for Maestro, and SmartSDR for
    iOS. Dogpark Software also plans to incorporate SmartLink on DogparkSDR for Mac.
    How do I setup my network to support SmartLink?
    Most home networks will not require any changes. If UPnP is enabled in your router, no additional
    changes are necessary. Otherwise, it may be necessary to forward one (1) TCP port and one (1) UDP port
    to your radio. More details on this will be included in the Software Users Guide.

Is SmartLink secure?
    Yes. Connection to your radio is facilitated using a secure authentication process through a secure server
    using industry standard token passing. Communications between your radio and client system
    (SmartSDR for Windows or Maestro, for example) and control of your radio occur over a secured Internet
    communications channel using SSL/TLS encryption.

Is the transmit/receive audio data encrypted?
    No. The transmit data that would go out on the air and received audio that was received off the air is not
    encrypted.

Do other operators using my FLEX-6000 via SmartLink need to upgrade their FLEX-6000s to
    SmartSDR v2.x to use my radio?
    No. Only the radio being accessed via SmartLink will need to be upgraded to SmartSDR v2.x.

Оригинал здесь

У меня вопросов пока нет.

5. Спасибо от UA3VBD, UA8U

Позывной
    US1QA
    [QUИначе, слишком быстро достигается +74С. Местные контестмэны негодуютOTE][/QUOTE]

Прочитал в "факью" о какой-то FLEX FDC коробочке, но нигде не находится, что это такое?

Ну и конечно микрофонный джек 3.5мм - как-то несерьезно. Уже бы поставили 6мм или XLR/RJ45.

Позывной
    RO4I
    Цитата Сообщение от Serg Посмотреть сообщение
    Прочитал в "факью" о какой-то FLEX FDC коробочке, но нигде не находится, что это такое?

Ну и конечно микрофонный джек 3.5мм - как-то несерьезно. Уже бы поставили 6мм или XLR/RJ45.
    С виду да, но у меня например все гарнитуры идут 3.5 и приходится ставить еще переходники. Я вот больше не понял что за псевдо балансед? в 6500 был обычный xlr - было удобно.

Позывной
    RL5A
    Прошу объяснить для бестолковых - чем собственно отличается 6400 от 6300?
    Зачем выпустили новый аппарат?
    Будут ли дальше выходить обновления на 6300?

По тому, что я прочитал FLEX-6600 может работать SO2R. Тут понятно. FLEX-6500 сдаем в утиль?

Позывной
    RK1NA
    Цитата Сообщение от rz3bw Посмотреть сообщение
    FLEX-6500 сдаем в утиль?
    Примем!
    SDR is the future! Flex-6500 is now here.

Записей в дневнике
    Позывной
    R2AGG
    Цитата Сообщение от rz3bw Посмотреть сообщение
    Будут ли дальше выходить обновления на 6300?
    Обновление выходит на уровне ПО. Flex6300 относится к 6000 серии аппаратов, которые как и прежде будут поддерживаться.

Страница 376 из 626 ПерваяПервая ... 276326366373374375376377378379386426476 ... ПоследняяПоследняя

Информация о теме

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему

Эту тему просматривают: 1 (пользователей: 0 , гостей: 1)